user profile
Sign in
user profile

Deactivated account

by Seller_zY0VrQEGPC8h0

Hello,

I have an issue with deactivated account on 5th december 2020. The account was disabled only on german market because of missing german VAT ID. According to law we are required to have german VAT ID if we ship our stock from germany and or treshold of items sold annualy is more than 100.000€.
We have not reached that volume and we are shipping our items only from Slovakia by ourselves, we don’t use FBA.

I have contacted support with hopes for help but no luck, I send ticket every 10 days ever since but its always get just transferred and I havent received a human or any other reply regarding this issue, only just that this ticket has been transferred.

Also they are holding our funds which cant be withdrawn. I have no other ways to contact amazon as this account is deactivated I have only one option to send ticket.

If there is no way how to get it solved, do you have recommendation for lawyer who could help us ?

Thanks

Tags: Deactivated
30 replies
30 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_mC3VCvRom4lsH
In reply to: Seller_zY0VrQEGPC8h0’s post
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_zY0VrQEGPC8h0

Thank you, but the thing is we don’t need german VAT ID as we are not required to do so. Amazon deactivated our account without reason.

user profile
Seller_C7lJ4iwlZisC0

Some months before, there was a declaration confirming this…
No idea, why it is removed or you cannot see it.
Did you try to go to the section where you can upload VAT documents? Maybe you can find it there…

user profile
Seller_C7lJ4iwlZisC0

Ok, was just an idea…
Sorry, that I cannot help you. Hopefully there will be somebody not from DE to help you.
Good luck!

You can just try to open a case with seller support again and send a screenshot of the page you are guided to…
If possible, try to get a phone call from support.

user profile
Seller_845rNvV7AMWf8

Did you ever get a return to a German address? That will make Amazon require German VAT registration.

Also, even though you are legally not required to be registered for VAT in Germany, Amazon makes it (almost) impossible not to be. So the only way around it is to register for VAT in Germany.

user profile
Seller_DL9rqvRMx8bc8

Maybe your inventory during the customer return was stored in one of Amazon’s warehouses belonging to Germany (even if it was one thing) and therefore you have been charged VAT DE

user profile
Seller_zY0VrQEGPC8h0

No we had no returns or return requests yet. So it is not by this, and also we are not required to have german address for returns from what I know. EU acts like a single market and there are laws protecting this, putting the need of return address in each country would be directly against this, it depends only if amazon had this in terms, then we need to comply.

Thank you all for trying to figure this out, I will contact tax office if they know something about it.

user profile
Seller_zY0VrQEGPC8h0

Amazon is not the only place we sell through. We sell to many EU countries and we have law firm specializing in this type of services and we were told we don’t need return addresses for each country we sell to. If you have proof of this please send it, I searched for it but did not find anything.
Nothing here:

Anyway, this is not thread for this and is not helping with reactivating amazon account. So if you want to disproof my claims please provide valid proof at least.

user profile
Seller_UiApul2bHfeV5

Hello,

Since 2021 you need German tax certificate, even if you don’t sell more than 100.000€.
I don’t know if this is because of german law or it is because Amazon say so.
Even, if it is the latter, you have to comply.

user profile
Seller_C7lJ4iwlZisC0

Genau das meine ich. Zwar nicht Laune, aber übertriebene Vorsicht.
Und nun habe ich keine Lust mehr auf unsachliche Diskussionen, schmolle und spreche nicht mehr mit dir.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post